I made this sauce for Ravioli stuffed with goat cheese and fine herbs; it was ideal. But I’m sure it would go well with tortellini or even spaghetti. It’s so yummy!
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil in a jar, drained from oil
- 1 tbs olive oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 100 gr baby spinach
- 1 1/3 cups half milk and half liquid fresh cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 250 gr tortellini uncooked
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded, to serve
- Heat sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tbs of oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add minced garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add fresh spinach and continue cooking and stirring on medium heat until spinach just starts to wilt.
- Add half and half, 1/4 tsp of salt, paprika and bring to boil, reduce to simmer and add mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to melt. Add chopped fresh basil.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain, rinse.
- Add cooked tortellini to the sauce, mix to coat, warm on medium-low heat. Taste, add more salt if needed (1/4 teaspoon salt that you already added in a previous step should be perfect) .
- When serving, top with grated Parmesan cheese.