- Olive oil (about 0.5cm height in a medium sauce pan)
- A bunch of fresh or frozen spinach
- A bunch of fresh or frozen coriander (you can add or replace with any other fresh herbs you want)
- Dried fine herbs (optional)
- Dried Provence herbs (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion
- Ground black pepper
- 300g tomato passata
- Fresh cherry tomatoes
- 200g fresh mozzarella
- Gnocchi (I used one pack of De Cecco 500g)
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cream
- Add the fresh and dried herbs to the olive oil and let them simmer for a bit.
- Cut the garlic into small cubes, the onion into cubes and add them to the pan letting them simmer to softness.
- Add the tomato passata and fresh cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Let them simmer for 30-40 minutes; stir occasionally and try to crush the cherry tomatoes without splashing 😛
- Add a splash of fresh cream.
- In a separate pot, cook the gnocchi as per directions on the pack.
- When the gnocchi are ready, stir them into the sauce along with the sliced mozzarella and grated Parmesan.
- Drizzle a little extra olive oil over the top, stir them and serve with extra Parmesan or fresh basil if available.